Seattle Public Utilities participates in and develops several plans, including:
- The Solid Waste Management Plan to prevent waste, increase recycling and composting, and improve services.
- The Solid Waste Facilities Master Plan address the critical need to upgrade or replace the existing transfer stations before they fail.
- Zero Waste Study (Recycling and Waste Reduction Study) to divert significant tonnage away from landfill disposal.
- Drinking Water Planning developed for meeting current and future water demands, maintaining the water system, and meeting drinking water quality regulations.
- Long-range planning guides Seattle Public Utilities’ decisions about and investments in the drainage and wastewater system. Visit the System Planning website to learn more about plans that are in development.