Give your customers what they want
The fastest growing sector of the landscape industry is providing “green” services that minimize chemical use and water waste, and maximize plant health and efficient resource use. Get started with Natural Landscaping: Design, Build, Maintain (pdf).
- Integrated Pest Management Pest identification and least toxic control methods – safer for your staff and customers, wildlife, and our environment. Sign up for workshops, and follow links to pest resources.
- Landscape Maintenance Plans Use these examples to develop professional plans that sell your services to homeowner associations, institutions, and residents.
- Soils for Salmon – Construction Best Practices Learn about new code requirements to protect and restore soil quality on every construction site.
- Irrigation System Tips & Rebates Professional automatic irrigation system resources for commercial customers, and links to rebates for business and home irrigation systems.
Questions? For IPM and other landscape questions, or to request a print copy of one of the guides or factsheets, call the Garden Hotline (206) 633-0224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us for more information about:
- Soil, composting, and overall sustainable landscape design, installation, and maintenance, see the Natural Landscaping Guidelines (pdf) for professionals, and contact David McDonald at (206) 684-7650 or email@example.com.
- Water conservation in the landscape, contact Nota Lucas at (206) 684-5855 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sprinkler rebates, contact Jenna Smith at (206) 684-5955 or email@example.com.
- Bio-based lubricants and hydraulic fluids, see the Bio-Based Oils (pdf) fact sheet, or contact Shirli Axelrod at (206) 684-7804 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where to recycle plastic nursery plant pots, see the Plastic Nursery Pot Recycling flyer (pdf).
- Natural Landscaping: Design, Build, Maintain (pdf) - Steps for every site, and resource links.
- Ecologically Sound Lawn Care Manual (pdf) 90 pages - Professionals share best lawn and turf installation and maintenance practices. Or see the short 8-page summary Sustainable Lawn Care for NW Professionals (pdf).
Natural Pest, Weed & Disease Control Practical IPM approach for homeowners and professionals, and pest management resource links.
Choose the Right Plant for Your Site Plant lists, planting, and plant care tips.
Building Healthy Soil
Yard Waste Disposal to commercial composting, and sources of compost from Cedar Grove.
Hazardous Waste Disposal
Links to other sites
EnviroStars Certification for Landscape Professionals Get certified and promote your business as an Envirostar.
Saving Water Partnership - conservation information and rebates for homes, schools, and businesses.
Pesticide Information - alternatives from the Local Hazardous Waste Management Program Grow Smart Grow Safe - rates safe products.
Soils for Salmon.org (design and science) and Building Soil.org (builder and landscaper information) on best practices for soil preservation and restoration, now required by codes in western Washington.