Link to Transportation Home Page Link to Transportation Home Page Link to Transportation About Us Page Link to Transportation Contact Us Page
Delivering a first-rate transportation system for Seattle Scott Kubly, Director







Site Index

Restricted Parking Zone Program Home
Restricted Parking Zone program FAQs
Low-income permits
Renew Online!
- Need help creating your online account?
- Is online permitting for me?
1st-Time Applicant?
- Am I eligible?
- Apply by mail or in-person
How much does it cost?
New/Expanded Areas
2015-2018 RPZ Policy Review
2010 Program Changes
Temporary RPZ Permit
72-Hour On-Street Parking Ordinance
RPZ online permitting help
Truck Permits
Parking Home
Contact Us

Restricted Parking Zone (RPZ) Online Permitting

You can renew an RPZ permit online if you answer “yes” to the following:

  • Do you currently have an RPZ permit that will expire?
  • Is your vehicle registered to you at your address?

If you answered “YES” , please proceed to the RPZ Online Permitting Process Overview to renew online.

If you answered “NO” to the second question , please proceed to the Washington State Department of Transportation using the links below to change the registration information.

When your vehicle is not registered at your address:

An easy, online change of address process can be found at the Washington State Department of Licensing (WA DOL) website, It requires the following information: vehicle license number, the last four numbers of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), and last name.

When your vehicle is not registered in your name:

When the vehicle is paid for: Adding a co-owner to the title is very straightforward if the vehicle is paid for owned outright. If this is the case, go to the website, . This process is specifically for people wanting to add or remove a registered owner on a vehicle title. Download the Vehicle Certificate of Ownership Application form , print it, complete it, and have it signed and notarized by all owners (generally notaries are available at most banks.) Then, mail the certificate to any office of the WA DOL, along with the $9 fee. Then complete the steps above for changing the address.

If the vehicle is still partially owned by a bank or financing institution: Adding another name to the ownership may become more difficult, as some lending institutions have strict rules. Contact the appropriate lending institution for specific instructions. 
Home | About Us | Contact Us | Site Index | News | FAQs | E-Mail Alerts