Dependent Eligibility Verification
When an employee adds a dependent to one of the City's health plans, the City will ask them to show that the dependent meets the City's definition of an eligible dependent. The City requires dependent eligibility verification to make sure we are using City benefit dollars appropriately. Verifying dependents' eligibility for City health care coverage also helps us operate our benefit program in accordance with federal tax law and industry practices, use taxpayer and ratepayer dollars wisely, and treat all employees consistently and fairly.
All employees who add dependents to City medical, dental and/or vision benefits, either as a new employee or after a life event, will receive a letter from Alight Solutions, the City's business partner, within 2-3 weeks of the change. Alight Solutions handles the documentation verification process. They were selected by the City because of their rigorous data security measures and commitment to excellent customer service.
The City wants every eligible dependent to stay on City benefits. If you find the Alight Solutions letter hard to understand or need additional assistance, please let Alight Solutions know. They can offer Language Line services (177 languages) if you prefer to speak with them in a language other than English. They are also available to translate any non-English documentation.
Call Alight Solutions at 1-800-725-5810 if you:
- Have any questions
- Didn't receive a letter after adding a spouse, domestic partner, or children
- Need help logging into the web site
- Are having or anticipate having any issues finding your documents
- Want to speak with someone in a language other than English (help available in 177 languages)
Ways to submit documents to Alight Solutions:
- Secure Fax: 1-877-965-9555 Please use your unique Fax/Mail cover sheet from your initial letter showing the scan/bar code. (The letter is also available on your online account at www.yourdependentverification.com/plan-smart-infounder Contacts.) Call Alight Solutions at 1-800-725-5810 if you need assistance.
- Mail: Alight Solutions Dependent Verification Center, P.O. Box 1414, Lincolnshire, IL 60069-1414. Please use your unique Fax/Mail cover sheet from your initial letter showing the scan/bar code. (The letter is also available on your online account at www.yourdependentverification.com/plan-smart-info under Contacts.) Call Alight Solutions at 1-800-725-5810 if you need assistance.
- Online Upload: www.yourdependentverification.com/plan-smart-info
(use your Login Name and Password from your letter; call Alight Solutions at 1-800-725-5810 if you need assistance)
If you need additional help contacting Alight Solutions, please call your department's Human Resources staff or the City Benefits Unit (206-615-1340), or email the Benefits Unit: Benefits.email@example.com.