Fog Covered Skyline
Seattle City Light DEBRA SMITH, General Manager and CEO
Report a Streetlight Outage
Pay My Bill   

Report a Streetlight Outage

To report a streetlight issue, please complete the Streetlight Trouble Report Form. Examples include streetlight outages, glare or malfunctioning issues (e.g. lights go on/off constantly or on during the day).

Reports can also be made through the "Find It, Fix It" mobile app, via email at or by calling (206) 684-7056.

Please have the following information for all streetlight trouble reports:
  • 7-digit pole number (usually marked with a yellow tag) and streetlight location
  • Address nearest to the pole to locate the correct trouble streetlight
  • Please specify the issue with the light (e.g. streetlight is out, on all day, on/off, LED glare, pole down, etc.)
  • List your name, phone number and/or email for follow-up and status updates
You can also track streetlight repair via our Streetlight Repair Tracker Map

For areas outside of Seattle, City Light may maintain a portion of the streetlights. These areas include Burien, Lake Forest Park, SeaTac, Shoreline, Tukwila, Renton, Normandy Park and portions of unincorporated King County. To assist in identification, please look for the 7-digit pole number tag similar to the image above. If pole does not have this, then maintenance is done by that suburb and not by Seattle City Light. Please contact your city hall to report issues with those streetlights that are not Seattle City Light streetlights.

Related Content

At Work in Your Neighborhood
Find information about Seattle City Light Construction Projects

Utility Poles
For information on utility pole attachments or wireless collocations

contact us

Streetlight Out Service
(206) 684-7056

Utility Discounts
SAVE 60%
The Utility Discount Program is a great way to lower bills.


  • Contact Seattle City Light

    700 5th Avenue
    Suite 3200
    P.O. Box 34023
    Seattle, WA 98124-4023

    Account & General Questions:

    Contact Us