Save Energy and Money
Air that leaks through your home's envelope, the outer walls, windows, doors, and other openings, wastes a lot of energy and increases your electricity costs. A well-sealed envelope, coupled with the right amount of insulation and efficient windows, can make a real difference on your utility bills. The insulation and windows rebate qualifications are below. You may use the same Rebate
form for Windows and/or Insulation.
Insulation is the most practical and affordable way to make your home more energy efficient and comfortable. Insulation helps prevent heat transfer from inside your house to the outside, reducing your heating and cooling costs and improving the comfort of your home. Insulation slows the loss of heat from your home by providing a layer between your house and the outside air and is measured by R-values, which is a measure of heat resistance. The higher the R-value, the better.
The total value of your insulation rebate depends on how much insulation the different areas of your home need to be properly weatherized.
||R-0 - R11
||50 percent of the cost, including labor, materials and tax, Maximum rebate capped at $500
||R-0 (no insulation)
||R-11 or greater
||50 percent of the cost, including labor, materials and tax. Maximum rebate capped at $500
Windows typically comprise a significant portion of your home's exterior wall area and are a critical point of heat loss or gain in your home. Upgrading your windows to high-performance, energy-efficient models will have a positive impact on the comforts and warmth of your home.
|ENERGY STAR Windows & Patio Doors
||Single pane or double pane w/ metal frame only
||ENERGY STAR rated .30 or better
||$50/window. Window must be located in a heated space (no garage windows).
- You must be a current Seattle City Light customer living in single family residence (1-4 units)
- Your home's primary source of heating is electric.
- Read the full eligibility requirements for windows or insulation by downloading the rebate form
How to Participate:
- Download a rebate form and be sure to read the requirements, terms and conditions
- Schedule an appointment with a contractor of your choice to perform the work. We recommend that you solicit multiple bids from various contractors and check to make sure your contractor is licensed and insured.
- After work is completed, complete the rebate form. Your contractor must complete the designated sections of the rebate form and sign as well. Send in the rebate form along with the necessary documents for payment.
- Income-eligible customers may qualify for free weatherization through the City of Seattle's HomeWise Program.