New Construction Service Areas
The Seattle City Light service area includes all of the City of Seattle, portions of the cities of Burien, Tukwila, SeaTac, Shoreline, Lake Forest Park and Renton, as well as portions of unincorporated King County. Use Seattle City Light’s Service Territory Map
to determine if your address is within the service area. Please check with the local jurisdiction for all permitting requirements.
Do not begin your construction project prior to consulting Seattle City Light
Below is a map of our network service areas. Please note: The areas inside of the red lines are the actual network distribution areas, and the shaded areas outside of the red lines are required underground distribution districts. Different requirements apply to each area. Please consult our Customer Engineering Group
and Requirements for Electrical Service Connection Manual
for more information.
You may also download a PDF of the network area map
Electric Service Rep Assignments
- Seattle City Light North Customer Engineering (From Denny way to the King/Snohomish County Line)
- Seattle City Light South Customer Engineering (From Denny Way to the southern border of our service territory - see our service map for more information)
- Residential (Single Family, Duplex, Triplex, and Accessory Dwelling Units)
- Commercial (For services up to 1MW)
- For services larger than 1 megawatt, please contact our Electrical Service Engineers