Laundry Appliance Rebates
Standard washing machines, especially those manufactured before 2003, and clothes dryers use far more energy than newer, efficient models. When you purchase efficient laundry appliances from our qualified washer and dryer lists, Seattle City Light will give you up to $250 cash back.
ENERGY STAR® Washing Machines:
ENERGY STAR® washing machines are available at most big-box retailers as well as online.
- Use at least 25% less energy and 40% less water – higher efficiency means lower utility bills and better for the environment.
- Require fewer loads – No bulky agitators means more usable space for clothes. More capacity means fewer loads of laundry per week - and more time for you.
- Reduce dryer time – Advanced spin cycles remove more water from clothes so your dryer doesn’t have to work as hard.
Learn more about ENERGY STAR® washing machine features and optimized settings here.
ENERGY STAR® Clothes Dryers:
ENERGY STAR® clothes dryers are available at most big-box retailers as well as online.
- Use at least 20% less energy than a standard dryer – higher efficiency means lower
utility bills and better for the environment.
Select High-Efficiency Dryers:
Hybrid and Heat Pump clothes dryers may be available at Albert Lee or online.
- Heat pump dryers use 30 to 50% less energy – the most efficient dryers available for even greater bill savings and the least environmental impact.
View our FAQ to learn more about how select high-efficiency dryers work.
Learn more about the need for more efficient clothes dryers here.
||$50 rebate for qualified ENERGY STAR® models
||View our washing machine qualified product list
||$50 rebate for qualified electric ENERGY STAR® models
$100 rebate for qualified, select hybrid heat pump models
$200 rebate for qualified, select heat pump models
|View our clothes dryer qualified product list
For more information about the laundry appliances or rebate offerings listed, contact an Energy Advisor at SCLenergyadvisors@seattle.gov or call (206) 684-3800.
- Must be a Seattle City Light customer
- Only models listed on our washer or dryer qualified product lists qualify for a rebate. Seattle City Light stickers are also applied to qualified products available at participating retailers.
- One rebate per account for each appliance type. Applications for washer and dryer rebates may be completed separately.
- Approval for a washing machine rebate requires the appliance to be used with an electric dryer or electric water heater. If your water heater AND your dryer are fueled by natural gas or propane, you are not eligible for a rebate.
- If you are unsure of your eligibility contact an Energy Advisor at (206) 684-3800 or SCLEnergyAdvisor@seattle.gov.
- Purchase a qualified washer model and/or dryer model between November 1, 2016* and December 31, 2017.
- Complete and sign the Laundry Appliance Rebate Form.
- Submit the rebate form according to the directions on the form, along with your itemized receipt(s), postmarked within 90 days of purchase.
- Rebate checks usually arrive in your mailbox within 6-8 weeks.