How Do I...?

Get help?

2-1-1 is an easy-to-remember phone number to connect with services that can: help with rental assistance, shelter, legal referrals, housing assistance, transportation, food, and other needs.  

Crisis Clinic is at the heart of the Seattle-King County safety net providing a broad array of telephone-based crisis intervention and information and referral services.

Housing and Essential Needs (HEN): If you have zero income and have a disability, this program can assist with rent and utility service, transportation needs, hygiene and cleaning supplies, and more. Eligibility for HEN is determined by DSHS.

The Urban Rest Stop provides a clean, safe and welcoming facility where individuals and families experiencing homelessness can come and use restrooms, laundry facilities and shower.

The Health Care for the Homeless Network (HCHN) provides health care services for people experiencing homelessness in King County and provides leadership to help change the conditions that deprive our neighbors of home and health.

The Solid Ground Circulator is a free shuttle in the downtown corridor for homeless and low-income individuals with stops near DSHS, Harborview, Virginia Mason, many shelters, and other social service agencies. The link takes you to the Circulator's map and routes. Circulator runs Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to approximately 4:30 p.m.

Retrieve my belongings removed from an encampment?

Belongings may be recovered by calling 206-684-2489 (CITY) and providing an accurate description of the items. 

Learn about homelessness?

All Home King County, host of the annual Count Us In event, is a great resource for data on King County homelessness. 

The National Coalition for the Homeless offers fact sheets and lesson plans for talking to kids about homelessness:

Provide help or volunteer?

The United Way of King County helps connect volunteers with volunteer opportunities.

WeCount helps people safely ask for items they need, and helps community members give directly to their neighbors.

Report illegal dumping on public property?

Seattle Public Utilities - Illegal Dumping Program

Report discarded needles, syringes and other sharps?

The City of Seattle sharps pilot program provides safe disposal of "sharps" (syringes, needles, and lancets) with the following services:

  • Removal of sharps from public property within 24 hours.    
  • Secure sharps disposal boxes in six locations throughout the city.  

Report illegal camping?

The City's Customer Service Bureau fields complaints about unauthorized encampments through several channels:

Report squatting on private property?

Seattle Department of Construction & Inspections - Make a Property or Building Complaint 

Report graffiti?

Seattle Public Utilities - Report Graffiti