Error processing SSI file
CARSHARING, TAXIS, & TRANSPORTATION NETWORK COMPANIES (TNC)
Whether you use ZipCar or RelayRides for a day, or car2go, a taxi, or a TNC for a quick trip across town, car and ride sharing can be a simple and cost effective way to get around Seattle. Check out the difference between these services and decide what works for where you need to go.
If you’re looking for a quick way to get across town, check out these options:
- ReachNow is the newest car sharing service that makes it easy (and fun) to get from A to B. Cars are readily available on-street in most Seattle neighborhoods. Visit their website to download the ReachNow App, register and be driving in minutes.
- Car2go has 2-person SmartCars that you can reserve via their app or pick up anywhere they’re parked on the street. Visit their website to sign up for a membership and check out the rates.
- Taxis and Flat Rate cars are available throughout Seattle and King County. Taxis are generally a single color while Flat Rate cars are usually multicolored. Check out these apps, Curb, Flywheel and Yellow, for apps to get a car.
- Transportation Network Companies (TNC) are services where drivers pick you up in their vehicles and take you to your destination. Currently there are three operators in Seattle: Lyft, Sidecar, and Uber. Check out their websites to see how to download their apps and get a ride.
If you want to make a round trip or get a car for a day or a weekend, check out these options:
- Zipcar is a carsharing company that lets you rent cars by the hour or the day. Their website has information on how to join and where you can find Zipcars in your neighborhood.
- RelayRides is a service that lets you rent someone’s personal car for the day. There are a variety of cars and locations. Check out their website to see rates and make a reservation.
- Seattle also has all major rental car companies for day or weekend rentals. A full list of companies is available on the Port of Seattle’s Sea-Tac Airport site.