Walk Bike Ride Challenge
Get moving, get active, get prizes!
|You know that walking, biking, and riding transit can save you money, improve your health and the environment, but maybe it will take more for you to get out of your car and try something different. Well, we’re offering incentives, in the form of great prizes! If you participate in the Walk Bike Ride Challenge you have the opportunity to win:
- A brand new road bike
- Family pack tickets to the Woodland Park Zoo
- $200 REI Gift Card
- $100 Farmers Market gift certificate
- $150 Zipcar gift certificate
- Car2Go membership and mileage
- And more to come!
The 2013 Challenge will run from June 15-September 9, and you can sign up
anytime during this window to be entered to win. We encourage early registration
— it gives you a better shot at winning prizes! So you don’t forget
to sign up, give us your email NOW and we’ll send you a reminder
when registration opens in June!
The Electric Bicycle winner from the 2012 Walk Bike Ride Challenge.
Opportunities to make travel much less costly than a car and much safer, faster, easier than just a few years ago abound in Seattle:
- RapidRide lines are running from Ballard, West Seattle and Federal Way to downtown. In early 2014 an Aurora RapidRide from Shoreline to downtown will be added.
- New bus shelters and real time arrival information are being added to heavily used bus lines to improve service.
- Biking in Seattle is safer and easier with the addition new cycle tracks and neighborhood greenways added to existing trails, bike lanes and signed bike routes.
- The First Hill/Capitol Hill trolley will open in 2014 and LINK light rail from the airport, through Southeast Seattle and on to downton is operating 18 hours per day
The Walk Bike Ride Challenge wants to inspire you to try new these transportation options
this summer, and hopefully change some of your habits in the long-term.
For more information about how the Challenge works you can check out our program guidelines. If you have any other questions or suggestions, we’d love to hear from you.
Contact us at:
Learn more about the Walk Bike Ride Initiative here.
Follow-us on Facebook to connect with your fellow Challengers and to stay updated about fun events and helpful tips.