One Less Car Challenge
Getting to the Good Stuff – Incentives!
Commit to a car-free lifestyle!
Complete an approved application and “before survey” and you can:
- Join the Zipcar* car sharing organization and save $135 the first year:
- Save $60 off the $60 annual membership
- Save $25 off the $25 application fee
- Get $50 of free Zipcar use
With Zipcar you don’t need to own that extra car because you can just rent a Zipcar by the hour when you need one.
This offer is for new Zipcar members only.
Complete all the steps in the program and receive:
- A $200 “Tranben Voucher.” You can be use them to purchase Metro ticketbooks or ORCA transit passes for use on all Puget Sound transit.
A $200 REI gift card redeemable at REI for any merchandise you want.
In addition, the following partner organizations offer incentives to you for your participation in the One Less Car Challenge:
- A free membership to the Cascade Bicycle Club, the largest recreational biking club in the country ($35 value). Cascade members receive 10% discounts at many area bike shops, and discounts on organized rides and classes - on safe riding, bike commuting, bike maintenance and more.
- A free membership to the Bicycle Alliance of Washington ($35 value). The Bicycle Alliance is your go-to organization for protecting and expanding bicyclist rights and creating a bike-friendly Washington.
- You become part of a community of Seattleites living with one less car, and a member of Seattle’s trailblazing program to reduce traffic and our impact on the environment!
SDOT thanks our great partners for providing incentives for the One Less Car Challenge:
* Approval for the Zipcar membership is subject to Zipcar’s standards regarding member’s driving records and credit history.
- Zipcar, the world’s largest car sharing organization, with hundreds of vehicles in the Seattle area.
- Cascade Bike Club, the largest recreational bike club in the country
- Bike Alliance of Washington advocates for bicyclists and a bike-friendly Washington.