The Road Safety Action Plan
The Be Super Safe campaign is a public awareness campaign based on the recommendations in the Road Safety Action Plan and focuses on changing the way people behave on Seattle’s streets – reducing speeding, distraction, and impairment. The campaign includes both public awareness and enforcement efforts with the understanding that a multi pronged approach is the best way to make see real gains in road safety.
In 2011, the City held three Road Safety Summits across Seattle and asked residents, community organizations, and City representatives how we could improve transportation safety. With feedback from those summits, and a detailed data analysis, the City of Seattle and our community partners developed the Road Safety Action Plan (RSAP).
The RSAP outlines our plan to eliminate serious injuries and fatalities on Seattle’s roads by 2030. You can read the full plan (Acrobat PDF) or select a topic that interests you:
- What’s Happening on Seattle Streets
- Create a Culture of Empathy on Seattle Roads - Acrobat PDF
- Fewer People Speeding - Acrobat PDF
- Fewer People Traveling While Distracted - Acrobat PDF
- Fewer People Traveling While Impaired - Acrobat PDF
- More People Know and Follow the Rules of the Road - Acrobat PDF
- Safe Roadway Design for All - Acrobat PDF