- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
South Transfer Station
Station and location
130 South Kenyon Street, Seattle, Washington 98108
(located south of the First Avenue South Bridge and two blocks north of the old transfer station)
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., 7 days per week.
(206) 684-8400 Transfer Station information line.
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
South Transfer Station is open on July 4th.
How to pay
Fees can be paid using cash, check, Visa, or Mastercard. Make checks payable to “City of Seattle, Dept. of Finance” and have valid ID.
What's accepted at the transfer station
Plan your trip to avoid waiting in long lines
- Busiest times are Monday mornings as well as Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays generally have the least number of customer visits.
- Commercial garbage collection trucks generally use the station from 3-5 p.m. on weekdays.
- Learn how to save yourself a trip.
Hazardous household materials
The former South Recycling and Disposal Station (across the street from the new station) will continue to receive and dispose of hazardous household materials only. For more information, please visit the hazardous household materials website.