Lower Mapes Creek Restoration Project
The Lower Mapes Creek Restoration Project moves creek flows out of a storm drain pipe, into its ouwn pipe tand then into Lake Washington through an open, natural creek channel through Beer Sheva Park. This project will increase the quality and amount of riparian habitat along the Lake Washington shoreline for threatened juvenile Chinook salmon and the park. The project will also include pathway improvements, a new pedestrian bridge over the creek and a new work of art within the park..
The Lower Mapes Creek Restoration Project is a joint project with our 52nd Ave. S. Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) Reduction Project.
- Construction began January 2014
- Construction complete and park open by October 2014*
- Plant establishment through September 2015*
*Date depends upon the construction of Mapes Creek channel in Beer Sheva Park
The Mapes Walkway is now open to the public.
Temporary Construction Impacts
- Traffic delays near Bear Sheva Park
- Boat launch will remain open
- Parts of Bear Sheva Park will close
- Temporary Metro bus service impacts on S. Henderson St. and Sweard Park Ave.
Links to other sites
Contact Alan Lord, Project Manager by email or at (206) 233-1565
For interpretation services please call (206) 233-1565
Para servicios de interpretación por favor llame al (206) 233-1565
Về dịch vụ phiên dịch xin gọi (206) 233-1565
Hadii aad u baahantahay turjubaan, fadlan inaga soo wac telefoonkan (206) 233-1565
如需要口譯服務，請撥電話號碼 (206) 233-1565
This project was funded in part by: