We've recently upgraded our eBilling system. If you were previously enrolled in eBill your information has transferred over. The first time you login to the new system, you are required to take a few steps to reset your password, and set the answers to 3 security questions. These tips may help you troubleshoot some common errors when logging in for the first time.
Login to My Account
- Enter your User name and Password and click the Login button.
Request a Temporary Password
We need to verify who you are, so we are asking for a little more identification:
- User Name
- Email address
- This email address is the one associated with your account. If you are having trouble here, it may be an old email.
- Account Number
- This is one of the SPU or SCL account numbers that you have previously enrolled in your eBilling account.
- Look for this in your new bill email. If you haven’t gotten a new bill email notification yet, check your old email for the last one you received.
- Validation code
- If you have trouble with the validation code, try hitting the “Get a new code” link until you get one without zeros (0) or letter O’s.
- Click the “Continue” button.
Enter Your Temporary Password
- Check your email for your temporary password
- A temporary password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile. If the email isn’t arriving, and you have other, maybe old, email accounts, please check them.
- It will usually arrive within about 5 minutes. Please be patient and don’t hit the “Request another temporary password” link unnecessarily. There may be a delay depending on the speed of your connection and your email client. If you end up with multiple temporary passwords arriving in your email, please use the last one sent to you. All the others will be invalid.
- The email will come from: email@example.com, with the subject line: Seattle Utilities Password Recovery
- If you don’t receive the email within 5 minutes, you can click the “Request another temporary password” link.
- If you click on “Request another temporary password” multiple times, you must use the most recent temporary password to login, the previous passwords will be expired.
- If you still have trouble with the temporary password, please call (206) 684-3000. We can help you.
- Enter your user name
- Enter your temporary password
- You must remain on this page to enter your temporary password. Do not go back to the previous page.
- Click Continue
Reset Password and Security Questions
- The temporary password will already be entered and masked.
- Enter and confirm your new password.
- Select and answer three different security questions
- Click Continue.
Security Information Confirmation
- Once you reach this screen, you can login.
- Click the ’Done’ button.
- You will automatically be logged in and be asked to answer one of your security questions to move forward.