- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
Locate and Read your Water Meter
Locate your meter
Water meters are typically located:
- in iron boxes sunk in the ground;
- in the parking strip or sidewalk in front of or at the side of your house;
- or they covered by a 1x2 ft. metal plate that says CWM (City Water Meter).
Read your meter
If you’re interested in how much water you are using on a daily basis, or if you want to find out if you have a leak, you’ll need to know how to read your water meter.
- Use a small rod, crow bar or screwdriver to lift the lid off the cover.
- Write down the last three (3) numbers printed on the meter cap.
- Lift the cap and write down the four black and two red numbers on the meter from left to right just as you would on a car/ mileage odometer (see image to the right).
- Lower the cap, and securely replace the metal cover.