Water Saving Rebates
Listed below are current rebates available to single family and duplex customers. Visit the Saving Water Partnership for a complete list of rebates for all customer types.
$75 rebate for Premium WaterSense toilets
Premium WaterSense toilets use 1.06 gallons per flush (gpf) or less compared to the 3.5 gpf or more used by toilets installed prior to 1994. Premium WaterSense toilets are the most efficient of EPA’s WaterSense labeled models. (Learn more about the EPA’s WaterSense program). These toilets use 20% less water and remove 70% more solid waste, compared to regular WaterSense toilets.
- Customers must reside within the Saving Water Partnership service area.
- Only 1.06 gpf or less Premium WaterSense toilets are eligible for the rebate. Check this list of Premium WaterSense toilets (xls) to ensure you choose a qualifying toilet.
- The application must be submitted within 60 days of purchasing the new toilet.
- Only single-family residents and duplexes with separate utility bills are eligible for this rebate.
- Maximum of two (2) rebates per household.
Take These Steps
- Buy a Premium Watersense toilet. (Remember ro use the list of Premium WaterSense toilets (xls)) from a variety of retailers including these local retailers (docx).
- Fill out a rebate application
- $75 Premium WaterSense Rebate application
- Send these three items to the address below:
- Signed, completed application.
- Purchase receipt that includes the brand and model number for the new Premium WaterSense toilet(s)
- Copy of water bill
- Mail to:
SPU Toilet Rebate Program
PO Box 34018
Seattle, WA 98124-4018
How do I dispose of my old toilet?
You can take your old toilet(s) to the following locations to be recycled (fees apply). All non-porcelain hardware and wax rings must be removed.
- All Wood Recycling
8504 192nd Av NE
Redmond WA 98053
- Bobby Wolford Trucking & Recycle Yard
22014 W Bostian Rd
Woodinville WA 98072
- Kangley Rock and Recycle
510 Monster Rd SW
Renton WA 98055
(425) 226-1000 x 3339
- Renton Concrete Recyclers
500 Monster Rd SW
Renton WA 98055
Free toilets for low-income SPU customers
To replace water-wasting toilets with more efficient models, Seattle Public Utilities is offering free water-saving toilets to:
- Low-income homeowners who qualify.
- Multi-family buildings that provide low-income housing.
For more information
Contact Billie Fisher at email@example.com or call (206) 615 -1282.
Automatic Irrigation Systems
Irrigation water utility billing analysis, on-site assessments and financial incentives for properties with more than one acre of irrigated area. View program details.