How to Set Out Recycling
Cart Collection Guidelines
- Set your cart out by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
- Place the cart(s) within 3 feet of the curb.
- Turn the cart so the lid faces the street (see the imprinted arrow).
- If you don’t know when your collection day is, look it up online or call (206) 684-3000.
There is no charge for setting out additional recyclables that do not fit in your cart.
- Put the extra recycling in a cardboard box or paper bag and place it next to your recycling cart.
- If you regularly have extra recycling, please request an additional or larger size container online or call SPU Customer Service at (206) 684-3000.