Help Residents Recycle
To help your residents recycle, compost and dispose of items correctly, you can order free materials, such as flyers, posters, and labels. These materials are only for Seattle residents in apartment and condominium buildings. Many items are available in multiple languages and you can view examples below. Your order will be delivered within 2 weeks.
Businesses such as office buildings or food services should order materials from our commercial/business customer site.
Encourage residents to view videos online. If web access is unavailable, please call (206) 684-8717, press # 2 and leave your name and phone number along with your request for a DVD. Available in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
Download print materials
Don’t want to wait for an order? For immediate use with building residents, download these posters and flyers:
- Where Does It Go? flyer (8 ½” x 14”) - guidelines on recycling, garbage, food and yard waste (pdf)
English | Amharic | Chinese | Japanese | Khmer | Korean | Laotian | Oromo | Russian | Somali | Spanish | Tagalog | Thai | Tigrinya | Vietnamese | Arabic | Hindi | Indonesian
- Tips: Food and Yard Waste flyer (8 ½” x 14”) - what goes in the cart and how to store and carry out food waste at home (pdf)
English | Amharic | Arabic | Chinese | Hindi | Indonesian | Japanese | Khmer | Korean | Laotian | Oromo | Russian | Somali | Spanish | Tagalog | Thai | Tigrinya | Vietnamese
- Food and Yard Waste Poster (pdf)
- Now Available! Food Waste Service Poster (pdf) - for your lobby and office
- Recycling Poster (pdf)
- Recycling Ordinance Poster (pdf) - to encourage recycling
Ordinance letter for your residents
You can use this sample letter to tenants (pdf) to notify your residents about Seattle’s laws regarding recycling and food waste.