Extra Yard Waste
For any yard waste that does not fit in the cart supplied by the City, you can use:
- A 32-gallon can with handles, purchased from a home or garden store. Label your can "yard waste," and fill it loosely, so it will empty easily.
- Bundles, tied with fiber twine, up to 4 feet long by 2 feet in diameter. Do not use wire, nylon cording, or plastic banding.
- Approved compostable bags can be purchased online or at stores (pdf).
- Kraft paper bags, available at home and garden retailers.
- Reusable yard waste bags, made of polyethylene. The bag stands open by itself, has snap-shut flaps, stores flat and is reusable and durable. Bags can be bought online from BagIt System or at local hardware or lawn and garden stores.