Get Help with Your Utility Bills
Persons qualifying for the City of Seattle’s Utility Discount Program (UDP) may be eligible to get 50 percent off their Seattle City Light and Seattle Public Utilities bills. Read the income guidelines below to check if you qualify.
Residents living in federally subsidized housing, including SHA (Seattle Housing Authority), Section 8, and KCHA (King County Housing Authority) are not eligible.
For questions about UDP, email or call (206) 684-0268 (TTY/TDD (206) 233-2778). UDP is located in the Mayor's Office for Senior Citizens, 810 3rd Avenue, Suite 350, Seattle 98104.
Get Signed Up with One of Our Partners
Remember to bring the necessary documents
- What to bring: Amharic | Chinese | Spanish | Tagalog | Vietnamese
- Last 3 completed months of income verification: Some examples are paycheck stubs, TANF receipt, social security, and many more.
- Unemployed? No problem, bring your social security number and we will verify it ourselves.
- Housing/Address verification: Lease/rental agreement AND proof of rent payment for current month OR mortgage or property tax statement.
- Identification: For all household members age 18 or older. (Government issued identification such as state ID, driver’s license, and passports)
- Students: Financial aid award letters, grants, loans, work study, and official class schedule.
|Number in Household||Total Monthly Income|
Questions? Call (206) 684-0268
If you meet the eligibility requirements above, fill out the UDP application (docx) and mail it along with the Landlord/Tenant form (pdf) and Employment Security Department Self-Request for Records form (pdf) to:
Utility Discount Program
810 3rd Avenue, Suite 350
Seattle, WA 98104