How to Set Out Garbage
To ensure your garbage is picked up:
- Place your garbage in the can provided by Seattle Public Utilities.
- Set out your garbage can(s) by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
- If you don’t know when your collection day is, lookup your collection day online (single-family homes only).
- Place can(s) within 3 feet of the curb, unless you have backyard service.
- Put extra garbage in a plastic bag or your own garbage can (up to 32 gallons), and put it next to your regular garbage. The maximum weight for extra garbage is 60 pounds per unit. Customers are charged $10.60 for each extra bag, bundle or can.
- Keep recyclables out of your garbage can.
- Cans should be removed from the curb within 24 hours of collection.