- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
Construction of the new state-of-the-art South Transfer Station was completed in 2013. The new facility replaces the former South Recycling and Disposal Station located down the street. The hi-tech, ultra-environmental (LEED Gold) station will serve customers for at least the next 50 years.
Features of the new facility include:
- Large open area to accept different types of waste materials.
- Automated weigh-and-pay station for increased efficiency and shorter lines.
- Separate entrance and transfer area for garbage trucks for added safety.
- Educational viewing room for the public.
- Misting system that removes dust and reduces odor.
- Rainwater collection system that stores water in a cistern to be used for washing and landscape irrigation.
- High-quality architecture that meets the gold standard in environmental design.
- Public art featuring salvaged street signs and parts from the old South Park Bridge.