Recycling Processing RFP 2014
SPU will be request proposals for recycling processing services to start April 1, 2016. A pre-release Draft RFP is expected to be available on this webpage by September 30, 2014. Comments will be accepted on the draft RFP with responses posted in October. The Final Request for Proposals is expected to be posted by October 24, 2014. This webpage will be updated as the final schedule becomes available.
Solid Waste Collection Contracts
Seattle contracts with CleanScapes, Inc. and Waste Management of Washington, Inc. for garbage, recycling, and food and yard waste collection services. The collection contracts cover all residential and commercial customers by area:
- Contract with Waste Management covering Northwest and South Seattle (pdf)
- Contract with Cleanscapes covering Northeast and Central Seattle (pdf)
Seattle has contracts with different companies to process solid waste as follows:
Food and Yard Waste (organic waste)
- Lenz Composting Contract (pdf)
- PacifiClean Environmental of Washington Composting Contract (pdf)
- PacifiClean Environmental Amendment 1 (pdf)
Long Haul Disposal Contract
Seattle contracts with Washington Waste Systems for the transportation and disposal of the City's solid waste. The waste is transported by rail to the Columbia Ridge Landfill and Recycling Center in Gilliam County, Oregon.