How to Set Out Food and Yard Waste
To ensure pickup of your food and yard waste, please:
- Place food and yard waste carts within three (3) feet of the curb with the front of the cart facing towards the street (there is an arrow imprint on the cart lid to remind you).
- Put your food and yard waste out by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
- Plastic bags are not allowed in food and yard waste containers.
- Place extra yard waste at least three (3) feet from your garbage so that it is not mistaken for extra garbage.
- Tie extra bundles with natural fiber twine.
- Put food scraps and food-soiled paper ONLY in the city-provided cart. Do not put food scraps and food-soiled paper in any other yard waste container.
- See information on additional food & yard waste containers.
Cleaning Your Cart
How do I clean my food and yard waste cart?
Rinse your cart and dump the liquid on a lawn, planting area, or gravel bed and NOT down a storm drain or in the street where the waste water will go down the storm drain.