Friends of Recycling and Composting (FORCs) - $100 credit
A FORC educates residents and monitors containers for greater recycling and food waste collection success at your property. View FORC information (pdf).
For your Seattle property to receive a one-time $100 credit on its utility bill:
- Your Seattle property must have five or more units.
- You must sign up a person (manager, facilities staff, or resident) who is on the property at least once a week to be a Friend of Recycling and Composting (pdf).
- The FORC will be sent a green FORC folder that includes a pledge form listing actions for improving food waste collection and recycling on the property. The FORC must complete and sign the pledge form and return it to SPU.
- Allow two billing periods after SPU receives the pledge for the $100 credit to show up on the property’s utility bill.
- See the pledge requirements (pdf).
To sign up a FORC, choose one of the following:
- Sign up online or
- Call (206) 684-7665 to sign up with an SPU customer service representative or
- Call (206) 684-8717, press #2 to request a paper information packet
- After sign up, register for the training below
Attend the Free FORC Training and Qualify for Kitchen Buckets
After signing up with SPU, the FORC can attend an optional training and qualify the property for free kitchen buckets for all units at the property. The next FORC training is November 13, 2014,
2:00-4:30 in the downtown core.
Pre-registration is required and space is limited. Contact registrar Mason Giem at (206) 684-5223 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You must sign up a FORC before attending the training (see above).