Friends of Recycling and Composting (FORCs) - $100 credit
A FORC educates residents and monitors containers for greater recycling and food waste collection success at your property. View FORC information (pdf).
For your Seattle property to receive a one-time $100 credit on its utility bill:
- Your Seattle property must have five or more units.
- You must sign up a Friend of Recycling & Composting (FORC).
- The FORC will be sent a green FORC folder that includes a pledge form listing actions for improving food waste collection and recycling on the property. The FORC must complete and sign the pledge form and return it to SPU.
- Allow two billing periods after SPU receives the pledge for the $100 credit to show up on the property’s utility bill.
- See the pledge requirements (pdf).
To sign up a FORC, choose one of the following:
- Sign up online or
- Call (206) 684-7665 to sign up with an SPU customer service representative or
- Call (206) 684-8717, press #2 to request a paper information packet
Additional FORC Benefit – Free Kitchen Food Waste Buckets
After signing up, the FORC can attend an optional training and qualify the property for free kitchen buckets for all units at the property. The next scheduled training is Thursday, May 22, 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM (lunch included) in southeast Seattle. The second 2014 training will be early fall, evening (supper included) in northeast Seattle.
Pre-registration is required. Contact registrar Mason Giem at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 684-5223. You must sign up a FORC before attending the training (see above).