- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
Cart Start Up Service & Cost
Two service options are available for food and yard waste service at multifamily properties:
- Curb and Alley: The cart must be pushed to the designated site by 7 AM on day of pickup or be located within three feet of the curb or in the alley.
- On-site: The service provider driver will drive or walk to the cart and empty it. The driver will also unlock the cart as needed.
Carts with food and yard waste can be heavy and are best serviced on a level surface area. Use caution when pushing heavy food and yard waste carts to the street curb.
Please call (206) 684-7665 for all multifamily service requests or complaints (missed collection, compostable liner bags, change in service, etc.).
How many carts do we need?
Recommendations below are for the start-up of your program. With the food waste ordinance starting January 1, 2015, additional carts may be required so regular monitoring is advised. No food scraps, yard waste or food-soiled paper like kitchen towels, dinner napkins, or pizza boxes are allowed in the garbage.
|Size of Building||Recommended Cart Size for Start-up*|
|5 - 50 units||One 96 gallon carts (180 lb. weight limit)|
|50 - 100 units||Two 96 gallon carts (180 lb. weight limit per cart)|
|100 or more units||Additional 96-gallon carts may be necessary|
How much will it cost?
Effective April 1, 2017.
|Cart Size||Frequency||On-site Service
On-site customers can request additional pickups at additional cost. All carts used primarily for food waste include compostable liners which the service provider driver will insert every week at no additional cost. Carts used primarily for yard waste do not need a compostable liner bag.