Event Recycling Tips
For recycling and compostables collection at events follow these easy steps:
1. Provide information about food packaging requirements to all food and beverage vendors planning on participating at your event.
2. Determine who will coordinate and implement your recycling efforts:
- Evaluate event waste stream composition and what appropriate steps to take
- Design a system for collecting and transporting trash, recyclables, and compostables.
- Give guidance on how to provide recycling and composting education for your staff, vendors, and event participants.
3. Contact service providers for garbage, recycling and compostables collection services to request professional advice and cost estimates about appropriate services for your event. Links for several service providers are listed below. Commercial services for events that you may inquire about include:
- Delivery and use of event bins, containers and/or dumpsters for collecting event recyclables, compostables, and garbage
- Collection services for recyclables, compostables and garbage to be transported to recycling, composting, and disposal stations.
If you have questions about coordinating services and understanding requirements for event recycling and composting at your event, please contact the Green Business Program at (206) 343-8505 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great event, and thanks for diverting resources from the landfill!