Training & Certification for Landscape Professionals
Videos & webinars:
- Sustainable Landscaping: The Road to Healthy Public Spaces (video 45 min.) focuses on IPM and other sustainable practices. See extra chapters (5 min. each) on IPM Steps, Turf, Fertilizers, Trees, Pruning, Compost Tea, Corn Gluten, Stinging Insects, Tools, Landscape Design, and Education
- Healthy Soils part 1: Soil Science and Healthy Soils part 2: Soil Restoration (45 min. each) webinars on the foundation of sustainable landscaping
- Stormwater Challenges and GSI/LID Solutions (28 min.) introduces professionals to Low Impact Development practices
- Soil Protection and Compost-Amended Soils - Meeting WA Stormwater Requirements (64 min.), for landscape designers and stormwater planners
- Compost Benefits for Stormwater & Climate (9 min.)
- Stormwater Pollution and Solutions that Protect Salmon (28 min.)
- Sustainable Landscape Resources (pdf) links to the resources referred to these videos & webinars.
- Sustainable Sites (SITES) webinars for design professionals
- Designing the Sustainable Site (56 min.) based on the national SITES guidelines
- WSU Soil Management has videos, slideshows & guides on soil testing, texture, and more
- Bringing Our Soils Back to Life (56 min.) shows how we can restore soils around the world
Sustainable landscaping is a growing market. Training puts you in the lead. Check this page regularly for upcoming professional trainings, or view Past Workshop Presentations. For training materials in other languages see Translations.
Register now for these upcoming trainings!
ecoPRO Certified Sustainable Landscape Professional Training & Exam, Oct. 24-26. The training, study materials, and exam are based on 200+ sustainable best practices. Individuals must meet eligibility requirements to sit for the exam. Because of the USDA support, registration fees for this training are waived, but there is a fee for the exam.
Wed.-Fri., October 24-26, 8:30am-5:00pm
WSU Puyallup Research & Extension Center
Learn more about ecoPRO and register for training.
IPM and Pesticide License Recertification Seminar, Oct. 30-31. Offered by the City of Seattle and open to all landscape professionals. Attend one or both days for cutting-edge sessions on Integrated Pest Management, while getting recertification credits and other CEU’s.
Tues.-Wed. October 30-31, 7:30am-3:30pm, South Seattle College
See the agenda and register here.
To be placed on the notification list for upcoming workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training and certification resources:
Landscape professionals can learn more and be recognized through:
Community college horticulture, landscape, and urban agriculture professional training:
Professional organizations offering training: