Tips and Rebates for Automatic Irrigation Systems
Automatic irrigation systems are convenient, but they typically waste 40-50% of the water they use. Even the best are just over 60% efficient at getting water to the plants’ root zones.
Help your customer save money while improving their landscape’s health by fine-tuning their irrigation system and adjusting the schedule to reflect their plants’ needs and local weather conditions.
Use the links below to learn more about:
- Rebates to help upgrade an existing irrigation system or for water-efficient controls on new sprinkler systems
- Watering practices to improve landscape health
- Efficient irrigation system design
- Online calculators that make it easy to adjust automatic irrigation systems for weather conditions and plant needs
- The Watering Index to help adjust watering schedules
Links to other sites
Apply for an Irrigation Submeter – Commercial properties install submeters to eliminate sewer charges on irrigation
Backflow/Cross Control for Irrigation – The City of Seattle requires a backflow preventer on irrigation systems
Irrigation/Sprinkler Rebates - Saving Water Partnership (Seattle and water district partners)
Irrigation and Sprinkler System Tips - Saving Water Partnership, including Designing Irrigation Systems to Save Water.
The Irrigation Water Management Society -Up-to-date Seattle Watering Index to adjust your watering schedule
Irrigation Water Management Society - Online calculators for creating water budgets and watering schedules