- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
For Property Managers
- Sustainable landscapes save money and the environment, and help you market to a growing customer base.
- Natural Landscaping: Design, Build, Maintain (pdf)
- Sustainable Lawn Care (pdf)
- Natural Yard Care - for residents
Questions? Contact us
Clients today want “green” buildings and landscapes. Local codes and market forces are moving towards sustainable practices: soil restoration, reduced chemical use, water conservation, waste recycling, site appropriate plantings, and beautiful healthy green environments.
Some practices like hand weeding instead of pesticides cost a little more in labor, but many like mulching, grasscycling, and water conservation practices can reduce costs.
Sustainable landscaping benefits
- Reduce water & waste disposal costs
- Reduce chemical inputs
- Grow healthier landscapes that look good year around
- Attract environment-conscious customers
Choosing a Landscape Professional Find an EnviroStars or EcoPRO certified professional, and learn what questions to ask when selecting a landscape or irrigation contractor.
Landscape Maintenance Plans Use these templates and specifications for sustainable maintenance contracts.
Managing your own landscape? Explore this site to learn more.
Irrigation Tips & Rebates Irrigation system efficiency upgrades can cut water bills, and make healthier landscapes.
Green Your Business
Seattle Public Utilities services can help you reduce waste, save water, prevent pollution, and save money!
See Green Your Business to learn how.
Free green tools
- Saving Water Partnership has a variety of resources for conserving water, indoors and out - see Apartment & Condo Owners & Property Managers.
- Local Hazardous Waste Management Program has resources for School IPM, business Landscaping and Hazardous Waste Disposal, and more resources for Property Managers.