Prevent Water Pollution
When it rains, water falls on our roofs, roads, driveways, and compacted soils and picks up harmful substances such as oil and metals from cars, lawn chemicals, and pet waste. This combination of rain and runoff, known as stormwater, flows directly into our local waterways – rivers, streams, lakes, and Puget Sound. To protect our waterways, Seattle businesses are required by law to implement best management practices.
We help businesses meet stormwater and fats, oils, and grease regulations:
- Get free pollution spill kits, plans, and training.
- Access stormwater publications that can help you prevent stormwater pollution and comply with stormwater regulations.
- Download tools and resources that help identify stormwater best practices in multiple languages.
Fats, Oils, Grease (FOG)
- Learn how to manage your business'sfats, oils and grease (FOG) in compliance with City laws.
- Use our list of F.O.G. Service Providers (pdf) to find businesses to assist you in dealing with FOG.
For free assistance, call (206) 343-8505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get recognized for your efforts: Get on the Map.