These Seattle businesses have experienced the benefits of reducing waste, saving water, and protecting our waterways. Share your story with us today!
Company: Maya’s Restaurant
Business Sector: Restaurant
Location: 9447 Rainier Ave. Seattle, WA. 98118
- Since enrolling in the Get on the Map program, Maya’s Restaurant has received a variety of free marketing tools and cost-saving tips that have resulted in a 25% decrease in their monthly utility expenses.
- The restaurant also replaced faucet aerators and installed high-efficiency toilets, reducing its water use by nearly 152 gallons, or 16 percent. This resulted in more than $1,000 in yearly savings.
- Trained 16 employees to separate waste according to material — paper, bottles and cans, glass and cardboard.
- Owner Exequiel Soltero began composting in the restaurant, which has reduced his garbage bill by $1,250.
- Began to use only compostable takeout boxes and utensils for catering.
“People need to know that by going green, they’re saving money.”
–Exequiel Soltero, Owner, Maya’s Restaurant