- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
We provide free pollution prevention spill kits and plans to help Seattle businesses comply with stormwater regulations. These tools help prevent oil, chemicals and other pollutants from polluting our local waterways.
Contact us to get your free spill kit and to set up a spill plan.
Cleaning up is not just the right thing to do - it’s the law. Your business is required to:
- Create a spill prevention and cleanup plan.
- Keep a spill kit with response equipment anywhere spills may occur.
- Train your employees how to prevent and respond to spills.
Most Seattle businesses have the potential for a spill. Creating a spill kit and plan is the least expensive way to prevent and handle a potential spill. Most clean ups cost between $5,000 and $10,000.
Once we discuss and review your plan with you, we will set up a site visit. During the visit, you will receive:
- your spill kit
- a laminated copy of your business’s spill prevention and response plan
- a laminated map of your facility showing the location of the spill kit and storm drains
- training on how to use and properly dispose of used spill kit contents
What’s in a Spill Kit?
- Instruction Sheet (for cleaning up spill)
- 2 sorbent booms (each about 2’ long)
- Plastic sheeting (for drain cover)
- Garbage bags and zip ties
- Grate hook (for lifting storm drain cover)
- Spill Kit Poster
For more information:
- View our educational video How to Use Your Spill Kit.
- Download and print the How to Clean Up a Spill (pdf) poster.
- Download a Spill Kit Information flyer (pdf).