Seattle Public Utilities Mami Hara, General Manager/CEO

Check for Water Availability

Constructing a new home or building or renovating an existing facility? You will most likely need a Water Availability Certificate (doc) before a permit can be issued. Send your requests to

SPU Policy and Procedure CS-101 Water Availability Certificates (WACs) (pdf)

Water Availability Certificate Client Assistance Memo

Watermain Extension Determination Review Request (pdf)

Questions? Call (206) 684-3333.

Related links

CAM 2600 (pdf) Street Use Utility Permitting Requirements
CAM 2601 (pdf) Pavement Restoration for Utility Service Connections
CAM 2602 (pdf) Becoming a Registered Pavement Restoration Contractor
Water Service Standard Charges
Water Service Client Assistance Memo
Backflow Prevention Requirements
Backflow Test Report Form (pdf)
Water Service Application and Agreement (pdf)
Water Saving Tips and Rebates for Commercial Buildings