Donate or Resell
These organizations can help you reduce your impact on the planet.
- Second Use, a South Seattle retail store with vintage architectural pieces and salvaged building materials.
- The ReStore in Ballard for salvaged cabinets, doors, windows, plumbing and lighting fixtures and flooring.
- Earthwise in South Seattle for reusable building materials and architectural features.
- Donate Seattle - wish lists of charitable organizations that may need something you no longer want.
- King County Materials Exchange - household goods and building materials for sale or give away.
- Seattle Habitat for Humanity Store - takes in donations of new and used home improvement items such as furniture, appliances, and building materials.
- GreenDisk for recycling CDs and small electronic accessories like computer mice.
- Eco Encore for books, CDs, and DVDs.
- The Sharehouse - picks up usable furniture, provides tax deductible receipts, and delivers it to people in need.
- Discover Books - conducts book drives to support literacy programs and encourage recycling.
- Business Hazardous Waste - online market of industrial by-products, surplus materials and wastes, run by the Local Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County.
- E-Cycle Washington for recycling of computers, monitors and TVs
- In the Yellow pages, look under “Thrift Stores.”