- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
Report Surface Water Pollution
Seattle Public Utilities will send a field inspector to investigate whether or not the area’s surface water is polluted.
Surface water is defined as rainwater that carries pollutants along streets and into Seattle's creeks, lakes, and Puget Sound. Examples of pollutants to report include:
- leaking automobiles
- concrete dumped on the street
- paint poured down a drain
To make a report use the pollution report form or call the Surface Water Pollution Report Line at (206) 684-7587.
To report other problems
- To report chemical spills in City streets or storm drains for weekends or after business hours, call (206) 386-1800.
- To report a potential water leak on public or private property, call (206) 386-1800.
- To report surface flooding in a street, call (206) 386-1800.
- For extreme emergencies such as spills involving fires or explosion hazard, call 911.