Report Surface Water Pollution
Help protect Seattle's water and wildlife by reporting surface water pollution. Seattle Public Utilities will send a surface water quality field inspector to investigate the problem.
Surface water refers to rain that falls and carries pollutants along streets and into Seattle's creeks, lakes and Puget Sound. Examples of pollutants to report so they can be cleaned up include:
- leaking automobiles
- concrete dumped on the street
- paint poured down a drain
To make a report
Use Surface Water Pollution Online Report Form or call the Surface Water Pollution Report Line at (206) 684-7587.
To report other problems
- To report chemical spills in City streets or storm drains on weekends or after business hours, call (206) 386-1800.
- To report a potential water leak on public or private property, call (206) 386-1800.
- To report surface flooding in a street, call (206) 386-1800.
- For extreme emergencies such as spills involving fires or explosion hazard, call 911.