King Conservation District – Seattle Community Partnership Grant
The King Conservation District – Seattle Community Partnership Grant Program is a joint effort to support projects that achieve both KCD’s and the City’s priorities for natural resource improvement. Funding for the grant program comes from per parcel rates and charges paid by Seattle property owners for the King Conservation District.
KCD manages the application, awards, and grants. As part of the process, the City of Seattle, through Seattle Public Utilities, makes a recommendation to KCD about which projects should be funded within Seattle.
KCD grant focus is:
- Education and Outreach to raise awareness, deepen knowledge, and change behaviors.
- Capacity Building to enhance the ability of organizations, agencies, residents, landowners and other land managers to implement best management practices and deliver actions on the ground.
- Pilot and Demonstration Projects to test and/or improve concepts and/or approaches that can be replicated by others.
- Direct Improvement of Natural Resource Conditions
- This is an annual grant process.
- The 2014 Grant Round will open March 21. View grant details.
- Prospective applicants should contact Jessica Saavedra, King Conservation District Grants Manager, to review proposal ideas:
- Applicant workshop will be held on March 17 from 1:00-5:00 p.m. in Bertha Knight Landes Room at Seattle City Hall. View agenda and grant information. RSVP for the Workshop.