Water Saving Rebates
Listed below are some current rebates available to residences. Visit the Saving Water Partnership for a
complete list of rebates.
Get a $75 rebate on toilets
Receive a $75 rebate for purchasing a new Premium WaterSense-labeled High-Efficiency Toilet (HET).
By replacing an old water-guzzling toilet with an efficient Premium WaterSense-labeled model, you can cut your utility bills by $50-$200 a year (depending on household size and usage habits) and reduce water waste.
Toilets are the main source of water use in the home, accounting for nearly 30 percent of residential indoor water use. WaterSense-labeled toilets use less than 1.06 gallons per flush compared to the 3.5 gallons per flush or more used by toilets installed prior to 2001.
- Customers must reside within the Saving Water Partnership service territory.
- Only Premium WaterSense eligible toilets will be rebated. Check for qualifying Premium toilets by using the WaterSense product search before purchasing a toilet.
- The application must be submitted within 60 days of purchasing the new toilet.
- Only single-family residents and duplexes with separate utility bills are eligible for this rebate.
- Customers must send these three items to the address below:
- Signed, completed application. Download application (pdf) - English | Vietnamese | Spanish | Chinese
- Purchase receipt for the new Premium WaterSense-labeled toilet
- Copy of customer's water bill
- Mail to:
Seattle Public Utilities
700 Fifth Ave, Suite 4900
PO Box 34018
Seattle, WA 98124-4018
Free toilets for low-income SPU customers
To replace water-wasting toilets with more efficient models, Seattle Public Utilities is offering free water-saving toilets to:
- Low-income homeowners who qualify.
- Multi-family buildings in SPU's service area that provide low-income housing.
Automatic Irrigation Systems
Irrigation water utility billing analysis, on-site assessments and financial incentives for properties with more than one acre of irrigated area. View program details.