Any development that is required to install eligible utility improvements may request a Latecomer Agreement.
Steps to create a new Latecomer Agreement
- The city identifies a utility improvement requirement for development project.
- The developer applies for Latecomer Agreement.
- The Latecomer Agreement is developed by SPU during review of project plans. Additional information is required from the developer.
- Cost Estimating Worksheet
- Assessment Reimbursement Area Parcel Roll
- Latecomer Agreement Contract is signed.
- SPU notifies parcels within the assessment reimbursement area of upcoming Latecomer Agreement.
- Utility is constructed, and final construction costs are documented.
- Final Construction Costs Worksheet
- Final construction costs are reviewed and accepted by SPU.
- Latecomer Agreement Contract is updated.
- Developer pays SPU the Recording Fee for each benefitting parcel that will be encumbered.
- SPU records Latecomer Agreement with King County.
- SPU notifies benefitting parcels of finalized Latecomer Agreement and records encumbrances with King County. See Reimbursement Payments from Benefitting Parcels for the reimbursement payment process.