- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
Construction and Demolition Waste Management
Construction and demolition (C&D) related materials account for approximately 31% of all waste disposed in Seattle. Construction waste is generated through construction, demolition and remodeling activities by contractors, commercial businesses and homeowners. Seattle has recently adopted new recycling requirements for C&D materials through landfill disposal bans, facility certification and waste diversion reporting. Seattle's Green Building Incentives programs also often require salvaging and recycling a large percentage of the construction waste generated by construction activities. Learn more about these topics and how to find recycling services for your project through the following resources:
- Salvage and deconstruct materials before demolition or remodeling.
- For remaining waste, comply with new Seattle laws that impact your business and construction projects:
- Find a recycler for specific materials from King County's "What do I do with..." list.
- Follow city permitting, land use and code compliance policies and procedures through Client Assistance Memos on Solid Waste Information for Developers and Building Material Salvage and Recycling.