- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
Regional water conservation accomplishments reports
Seattle and the nearby cities and water districts that comprise the Saving Water Partnership have seen a 20% decrease in regional drinking water use – with no decrease in customer satisfaction - from 2000 to 2010. The four main contributors to this decrease include:
- Conservation programs saving 9.6 mgd
- Improvements in water system operations
- Setting water rates that encourage the wise use of water
- Adopting building codes and appliance standards that make efficient fixtures and appliances the norm
The reports here discuss the strategies and programs used to reduce demand since 2000. These reports were developed with the help of suburban cities and water districts that comprise the Saving Water Partnership - truly a regional effort!
You can find prior years’ accomplishments reports at the Saving Water Partnership.