As one of the most innovative utilities in the nation we work hard to be efficient and reliable with the services we provide. We also listen to our customers. That is why we have recently met with and conducted an online survey with hundreds of residents and businesses. These individuals were kind enough to take time from their busy lives to give feedback that is being used to help update our Strategic Business Plan, our road map for the next six years. Following are the things you have told us are important to you.
What Our Customers Tell Us
- Environment and health. Protect public health, improve the environment and explain what customers can do to help.
- Efficiency. Explain how the Utility is becoming more efficient.
- Equity. Ensure all customers are engaged and have full, equitable access to our services.
- Investing for the future. Be prepared for future challenges.
- Partnership. Educate and partner with customers to help them save money and improve our environment.
The SPU Story
- At Seattle Public Utilities, our job is to protect the area’s quality of life.
- We manage and maintain more than 3,700 miles of water, sewer and drainage pipes and related systems that connect to every house and building in the City.
- We continually upgrade and maintain our systems—often unseen, underground infrastructure—to ensure that, as Seattle grows, it’s even better for future generations.
How We Affect Your Life
- Water—Provide clean, affordable water to Seattle and much of King County.
- Drainage and Wastewater—Protect Lake Washington and Puget Sound from polluted runoff and overflowing sewage during heavy rain storms.
- Solid Waste—Provide innovative services to help Seattle residents and businesses be environmental leaders in recycling.
Please check this section for the latest updates and general outreach information about SPU and the Strategic Business Plan process.