- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
Automated Phone Calls to Customers
To better serve our customers, Seattle Public Utilities will periodically use automated phone calls to contact you. Customers can expect the calls to be infrequent and only during times where there is a need to communicate critical information that may impact the health and safety of your community. Examples of when you can expect to receive calls include:
- Interruptions or delays to solid waste pickups due to bad weather, labor disputes, or major holidays.
- Interruptions and loss of water service that impact large portions of the city or that require a boil-water notice.
Residential and commercial customers with late bills will also receive automated calls as courtesy reminders for the following reasons:
- Helping customers avoid late payment penalties.
- Making customers aware of our Utility Discount Program, where qualifying households can get assistance in the form of half off both their utility bills.
The most important point to remember about the calls is that they are automated and no personal account information is exchanged or requested. Never provide personal information to anyone calling your residence that you do not know.