Strategic Business Plan—SPU in 2020
Ray Hoffman, Director
What We Stand For
Watch our video and read the Strategic Business Plan to learn about our current vision, core business and key initiatives.
Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) has developed a Strategic Business Plan (pdf) that will guide our investments, service levels and rates for the next six years, from 2015 through 2020. Developing predictable rates was a key Plan goal. A rigorous process started in late 2012 that included input from customers, employees, elected officials, and an independent Customer Review Panel. SPU presented the plan to the Seattle City Council in July 2014, and the Council approved it on August 11, 2014. As part of the Strategic Business Plan, the Council approved a 4.6% average annual rate increase.
What’s a strategic business plan and why are we doing it?
A strategic business plan is the bridge that connects our long-term goals with our current resources. It helps us answer the following:
- Where do we want to be in 2020? What’s our focus and direction?
- What do we do with our time, money and people?
- How will people know what steps to take and when we’ve reached our destination?
The plan will be our road map for projects and services through the year 2020.
Our promise to our customers is the starting point about what type of utility we want to be:
- Vision: Showing how utility dollars sustain and improve the quality of life.
- Mission: Providing efficient and forward-looking utility services that keep Seattle the best place to live.
- Strategic Role: Solving problems at the source.
- Values: Providing customer-focus, safety, innovation, inclusion, value for money.
Visit this site for ongoing updates and feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments about the Strategic Business Plan.