Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) is a dynamic organization that seeks to provide world-class utility services to our customers.
- Current SPU/City of Seattle job openings
- SPU’s Apprenticeship Program
- Internship and Temporary Employment
Our services include solid waste, sewage and drainage for Seattle residents and businesses, and drinking water for the 1.3 million regional customers both in Seattle and the 26 municipalities and special water districts also served by SPU.
Employees are our most important resource. It takes all of us to make our city great and we partner with residents and businesses to make Seattle even better. SPU employees do this by:
- Protecting our natural resources and maintaining the area’s high-quality drinking water.
- Working with customers to reduce waste and prevent pollution.
- Maintaining and improving the city’s water, drainage, sewer and garbage systems to provide reliable services and enhance the area’s quality of life.
We welcome individuals who strive for this sense of excellence to apply, and we offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Our culture is a learning one. We continually look for better solutions and ways to do things, because we know it’s important to spend our ratepayers’ money wisely. As a result, we work to provide timely responses to customer needs, treat all customers fairly and equitably, and act as stewards by returning the highest longest-term value.
SPU is committed to providing a safe and diverse work environment, where employees have an opportunity to succeed and be productive.
SPU, a department of the City of Seattle, is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation (including gender identity), or any protected status.