Venus Dogwood (Cornus 'KN30-8')
J. Frank Schmidt & Son Co
This exceptional hybrid between our native Western dogwood and the Chinese dogwood has beautiful large white flowers that open in Spring. It has outstanding purple-red Fall color.
Power Line Approved: Yes
Min. street tree planting width: 5 feet
Mature Height: 25 feet
Mature Spread: 20 feet
Tree Shape: Upright ovall
Where to Plant:
Works well in smaller planting strips or in a small yard.
Dark green foliage turns rich purple-red in the fall.
Large white flowers composed of overlapping bracts.
Photo credit: J. Frank Schmidt & Son Co
Preferred Site Conditions:
Part sun to light shade. Prefers acidic, moist, but well drained soil.
This cultivar is resistant to dogwood anthracnose. It will not tolerate too much full sun or alkaline soil conditions.
Minimum Planting Distances:
- 15 feet from house or building
- 3 ½ feet back from the face of the curb
- 5 feet from underground utility lines
- 10 feet from power poles
- 7 ½ feet from driveways (10 feet recommended)
- 20 feet from street lights and other existing trees
- 30 feet from street intersections
Return to 2018 Trees