Limber Pine (Pinus flexilis ‘Vanderwolf’s Pyramid’)
A fast growing, but compact evergreen conifer with beautiful blue-green needles and a upright form. The needles have a strong, but pleasant fragrance.
Power Line Approved: No
Min. street tree planting width: 8 feet
Mature Height: 25 - 30 feet
Mature Spread: 10-15 feet
Tree Shape: Upright pyramidal
Where to Plant:
Great option for a tight yard space, but be sure to plant at least 15 feet away from your house to avoid future conflicts.
Attractive silvery blue needles.
Cones are 3-6 inches long.
Preferred Site Conditions:
Easily transplanted and overall very adaptable. Prefers moist, well-drained soils in full sun.
No significant pest or disease issues, but it is susceptible to white pine blister rust. Avoid planting near currants and gooseberries, which are the alternative host for the disease.
Minimum Planting Distances:
- 15 feet from house or building
- 3 ½ feet back from the face of the curb
- 5 feet from underground utility lines
- 10 feet from power poles
- 7 ½ feet from driveways (10 feet recommended)
- 20 feet from street lights and other existing trees
- 30 feet from street intersections
Return to 2017 Trees