Honeycrisp Apple (Malus domestica 'Honeycrisp')
Barcham Tree PLC
A cross between Macoun and Honeygold apples, this apple is extremely juicy and crisp. This tree has sterile pollen and thus needs another apple to pollinate it.
Power Line Approved: Yes
Min. street tree planting width:No planting along a street – must be planted in a yard space.
Mature Height: 15-20 feet
Mature Spread: 15-20 feet
Tree Shape: Rounded
Where to Plant:
Must be planted in a yard space; fruit trees are not allowed as street trees in Seattle.
Green above and paler, white pubescent below.
Fragrant white flowers in spring.
Photo credit: Honeycrisp.com
Preferred Site Conditions:
Full sun. Moist but well drained soil.
Moderately resistant to apple scab and fireblight. Heat intolerant. Wood can be brittle.
Minimum Planting Distances:
- 15 feet from house or building
- 3 ½ feet back from the face of the curb
- 5 feet from underground utility lines
- 10 feet from power poles
- 7 ½ feet from driveways (10 feet recommended)
- 20 feet from street lights and other existing trees
- 30 feet from street intersections
Return to 2018 Trees